The best in class hemorrhoid removal doctors & surgeons of the Proctology Institute (Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, Newport Beach & Huntington Beach) are specialists in hemorrhoid removal (including laser hemorrhoid removal). Hemorrhoids (piles) are the most common anal disease treated by our proctologists. Board Members of the American Osteopathic College of Proctology and awarded the Top 10 Doctors in Proctologic Surgery Award, American Registry, our proctologists will customize the best possible treatment to your internal or external hemorrhoids pain-free and quickly.
Laser hemorrhoid removal specialist! Dr. Maz did more than help my husband, he helped our family! He gave him back his sanity and mind-set! Right after his laser hemorrhoid removal surgery, he immediately felt like a new person!! My husband was in and out of hospitals with no answers and no results. After a 11 HR wait in the ER, and not being released until 7:30am the next day, I suggested he keep his appointment with Dr. G, he went and it was the best decision he ever made. He truly blessed him with results, everyone was very professional and accommodating at the surgical center. I highly recommend his services, if needed. ~ YELP
Our hemorrhoid removal specialists offer pain-free and quick hemorrhoids removal / hemorrhoidectomy services from infrared coagulation / hemorrhoid banding, sclerotherapy, laser hemorrhoids removal, topical hemorrhoids prescription medications as well as surgical hemorrhoid removal and rubber band ligation.
Please note: Based upon your plan, most insurance carriers may provide you with reimbursement for your visit and / or procedure(s) / surgery. Our office will provide you with a completed superbill for you to present to your insurance company for your request for reimbursement.
Hemorrhoids are extremely common and terribly uncomfortable. In most cases, hemorrhoids will not simply go away on their own. Hemorrhoids are swollen / irritated blood vessels in or around the anus and rectum. The hemorrhoid veins are located in the lowest part of the rectum and the anus. Sometimes the hemorrhoids swell so that the vein walls become stretched, thin, and irritated causing varying amounts of pain. Hemorrhoids are classified into two general categories: internal and external.
Internal hemorrhoids: Internal hemorrhoids are not visible to the eye unless they prolapse out of the anal opening. They occur deep inside the rectum where you can’t see or feel them. There is typically no pain associated with internal hemorrhoids due to the fact the human body does not have pain-sensing nerves in this part of the body above the dentate line. Bleeding (viewed when wiping the anus) may or may not occur and is typically the only sign that they are there. Sometimes internal hemorrhoids “prolapse” (become large and inflamed) and protrude outside the anal sphincter.
External hemorrhoids: External hemorrhoids are visible to the eye and occur within the anus and are uncomfortable and can become very painful. If an external hemorrhoid swells up to the outside (usually in the course of passing a stool), you can see and feel it. External hemorrhoid removal is a minor surgical procedure offered by the Proctology Institute of CA. Thrombosed external hemorrhoids are a type of external hemorrhoids that present as an incredibly painful lump in the peri-anal area. Most hemorrhoid removal specialists agree that it is best to remove a thrombosed external hemorrhoid within the first 72 hours. However, sometimes thrombosed external hemorrhoids are so large that they will not decrease in size and hemorrhoid surgery is required.
Reasons for hemorrhoid development include:
- Chronic constipation and diarrhea
- Excessive straining during bowel movements
- Prolonged sitting
- Heavy lifting
- Certain types of food
- Stress / anxiety
- Anal intercourse
- Chronic cough
- Diets that lack fibrous food
- The natural aging process
The type of hemorrhoids removal treatment best for you will be dependent on the severity (degree) of hemorrhoids you have and whether your hemorrhoids are internal or external. Your proctologist will discuss all of your options (after a comprehensive evaluation) to determine which hemorrhoid removal treatment is the best option for your unique case.
Hemorrhoid Removal Treatments
- Laser Hemorrhoid Removal (Infrared Coagulation): Laser hemorrhoid removal is the most popular treatment procedure performed by our proctologists with an extremely high patient satisfaction rate. Infrared coagulation (IRC) is a hemorrhoids treatment for non-protruding hemorrhoids that present with bleeding. Laser hemorrhoid removal is a non-surgical hemorrhoid treatment that can be performed in the office without anesthesia. This hemorrhoids removal technique is used by our proctologists to shrink internal hemorrhoid tissue by applying a controlled amount of infrared energy to the hemorrhoid. Laser hemorrhoid removal essentially works by coagulating the blood vessels that provide the hemorrhoid with blood. This causes the hemorrhoid tissue to shrink back.
- Sclerotherapy: With this type of hemorrhoids removal treatment – medication is injected directly into the hemorrhoids by the doctor. As a result, the hemorrhoids shrink and are treated.
- Rubber Band Ligation: This treatment consists of tying rubber bands around the base of the hemorrhoids to cut off the supply of blood. This is a very simple and fast office-based hemorrhoid removal treatment for internal hemorrhoids. Within a few days after this procedure, the rubber band and the hemorrhoid will fall off. In a couple of weeks, the wound will heal.
Maintaining A Relationship With Your Proctologist
Should you elect to move forward with one of our best in class proctologists in Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, and Irvine any and all questions regarding your hemorrhoid removal treatment will certainly be answered in advance by your proctologist. Please remember that the relationship with your proctologist does not end when you leave the medical practice. If you have questions or concerns during your hemorrhoid treatment and recovery or need additional information at a later time, you should always feel free to contact us. Our proctologists take pride in putting the patient first and offering the best and fastest hemorrhoid removal treatment outcome.
Our best in class proctologists pride themselves on providing you highly personalized and comprehensive care before, during, and after your hemorrhoid removal treatment. The Proctology Institute of Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, Newport Beach, and Huntington Beach’s philosophy of direct proctologist to patient care at every visit has made us one of the most trusted and respected medical practices in California. For more information or to schedule a hemorrhoid removal consultation please feel free to contact us:
Proctology Institute Beverly Hills
300 South Beverly Drive, Suite 105
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
Proctology Institute Huntington Beach
19582 Beach Blvd, Suite 270
Huntington Beach, CA 92648
Proctology Institute Los Angeles
11645 Wilshire Blvd, #905b
Los Angeles, CA 90025
Proctology Institute Newport Beach
1501 Superior Ave, Suite 201
Newport Beach, CA 92663